The biggest purpose of this newsletter and its content is to provide a powerful education and as many tools as possible to help you in reaching your fitness goals and live a healthier lifestyle. Whether you train with me in person on Oahu or online, or you train "with" me via my affordable paid subscription service that is in the process of production, or you simply subscribe to the newsletter, the most important thing I am trying to accomplish with all of Superhuman Fitness's services is to provide more valuable health and fitness information and service/services (there's a difference!) than you can find anywhere else. No fluff, real stuff! The newsletter will be a powerful tool to that end. If you haven't signed up yet, not to worry, you can do so at any time using the sign-up form in the column just off to the left of this page. A few simple clicks and you're there!
So what will the newsletter contain? As I mentioned, education as well as awareness is the major goal of the newsletter and that will be accomplished by covering a variety of topics that will tie in with each other as much as possible in a continual way not only within individual issues, but from issue to issue as well. My goal is to provide somewhat of a "health and fitness curriculum", delivered in each issue of the newsletter via the following:
- Reviews of the latest peer-reviewed research in exercise science and related fields
- Motivation and inspirational thoughts to help keep you productive and steadily moving toward your goals
- Insights and brief lessons from biological sciences such as human anatomy and physiology to help you further understand what is going on in your body, how everything works, why certain things are done, etc. (this can be huge with motivation and adherence - when we know what's going on with our bodies and we understand why we do things, we're much more likely to keep doing them!)
- Tips and tweaks on exercises, workouts and other principles that you may not have heard before, or may just need reminding of, to help you better maximize your time spent working out and living an overall healthy lifestyle
- Exercise instruction and illustration on new exercises you may not have tried or heard about, or on commonly done exercises that would benefit from some clarification on form, benefits, and effective application
- Basic yet important nutritional principles - I'm sure this is a major topic of interest for a lot of people as there is an onslaught of information out there nowadays, much of it conflicting!
- Healthy recipes - who doesn't like food and trying new recipes?! I'll share a new one with each issue and if all goes well, I plan on trying every recipe out first myself and documenting the adventure. Should be entertaining, pray I don't burn the house down!
As as side note, a lot of this information will be frequently expanded in the videos to be produced as part of the coming subscription service I mentioned, but even if you never get the chance to view one of those videos, the newsletter will be packed with value that I am hoping will make a difference in your fitness journey. In addition, you can trust that I will base as much of the content as possible in these newsletters on real and credible information backed by peer-reviewed, best evidence research, as this is a major priority and foundational principle for all that Superhuman Fitness does. It is so very important to be able to find and zero in on the best information that is out there! This can be very hard to do, so I will do my best to share what I already know and to find all the reliable information I can and pass it along to you, keeping you informed on the most powerful and effective tools that will help propel you to your goals.
Now, a request from YOU - I'm a big believer that this newsletter will only be as good as it can be if it is highly user-driven! I can talk until the end of time about what principles I think are important, and I will certainly do plenty of that, but what I want is to hear what your thoughts, your struggles, and your questions are. For example, when I asked a friend recently this very question about what she'd like to see covered in the newsletter, her response was portion control when it comes to food - why it's important, how to do, tricks to manage food dilemmas while eating out, etc. This kind of input is a big key to making this newsletter a success, so please, help me in helping you by providing as much feedback as you can and by requesting questions and topics you'd like to see covered in issues of the newsletter. We all face many different struggles on our fitness journey, but we also share many of those in common. So please share them and I will do my best to help!
Thanks again for considering subscribing to the newsletter. I am excited about it and about making a valuable contribution to your efforts and your goals!
Levon Basso, owner Superhuman Fitness